Angel Hair Pasta with
Sundried Tomato and Mushroom Sauce
Boil Pasta and Mushroom for 4 to 6 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in Pasta Sauce Mix.
Using these measurements there is no need to
drain pasta so no water is wasted.
- 8 oz Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 oz Dried Mushrooms
- 1 packet Knorr brand Pasta Sauce Mix (does not require a can of tomatoes)
- 1 qt Water
Serves 2 hungry hikers
Country Vegetables and Rice
with Vegetable Soup Seasoning
Mix all ingredients and bring to boil. Remove from heat,
cover, and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- 3 oz Dried Mixed Vegetables
- 1 cup Instant Rice
- 1 Packet Vegetable Soup Seasoning mix
- 3 cups Water
To really enjoy a camp fire you must build a small fire, sit close, and enjoy the warmth.
There is no need to build a big fire because you will only have to stand far back to avoid the heat.
We collected only dead wood from the ground and we were careful to build our fires on durable surfaces.
Before leaving camp we made sure the area where the fire had been looked as natural as possible.
The last thing we wanted to do was leave a scar in the forest for future hikers to stumble across.
Practicing Leave No Trace Principles:
We owe so much to the Earth. It gives us life, provides food and water to fill our stomachs,
and provides a sanctuary for us to visit and regain a sense of balance and harmony.
It is our belief, and the belief of many others, that when visiting the backcounty we should
make our best effort to make it appear as if we were never there when we leave.
For this reason we try to practice Leave No Trace techniques whenever we vist the last remaining
wild places on the planet.
- Discussing Politics;
with 5½ weeks until the 2004 Presidential elections it was hard not too.
- Finding the perfect campsite for the second night out.
- Climbing straight up the mountain sides; the people who designed this trail must not have heard of switchbacks
- Enjoying the wonderful sights, sounds, and smells nature. There is something about being out in the woods that gives you a calm peaceful feeling when you walk off the stress of modern life.
- Complaining about the ugly and carelessly placed natural gas wells. The wells could have been located farther from the hiking trail.